Tuesday, July 30, 2013

So, do you have some 100-lbs. weight loss success story?

Nope. I'm actually hoping the answer to that is 'not yet' instead of just 'nope,' but that remains to be seen. I weighed in this AM fully clothed, shoes on, and with the iPhone in my pocket at 391 lbs. One huge difference with this weigh-in, though, was the way I felt about myself approaching the scale, on the scale, when I saw the number, and getting off the scale. I didn't try to take off my shoes and take my phone out of my pocket. I stepped on, saw the number, noted what I was wearing so I could accurately compare later, and then stepped off. "391...OK, so that's a solid 20 lbs. that I have kept off now for a solid six months. I'll take that."

Wait. What? Kindness to myself on the scale? Yep. Surprised me, too. Totally the first time that's happened. I've been trying to figure out all morning how that could possibly be the case. The fact that I'm engaged? Perhaps - certainly can't discount the awesomeness of that. The fact that I'm writing this blog now? Also a possibility. My hunch, though, is that I've spent a whole lot of time the past several years trying to just be myself. I'm tired of trying to hide myself behind tables when I'm sitting down, positioning my body half behind other people in group pictures, sneaking around rooms hoping that people don't notice the huge girl walking through the room. I'm done with being ashamed of myself. Can we get you there, too? Absolutely. If you're reading this, you should know that I totally am not ashamed of you, and in fact, without even knowing you, I know that you are BEAUTIFUL. You know why I know that? Because EVERY person is beautiful. I'm guessing you still need convinced of that, so we'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment